The Board of Directors for The Women’s Chorus of Dallas is the governing body of the organization. Board members are designated to represent the best interest of the chorus. The Board of Directors meets every other month, with committees meeting in alternate months.
The functions of the Board of Directors, as set forth in the chorus bylaws, are to:
· Set long-range, strategic plans
· Assist the chorus at concerts
· Recruit new Board Members
· Hire and supervise staff
· Set the annual budget
· Seek and apply for grant funding
· Plan and implement fundraising efforts
Board members are asked to serve on at least one committee. Each member is expected to contribute or acquire monetary donations for the organization annually.